This semester, we are doing a service project through the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society called Light the Night. This annual walk helps raise funds to help those fighting blood cancers. This project is especially important to us because one of our sisters, Stacy, is directly affected by these diseases; her mother, Linda, is currently battling Amyloidosis and Fibromyalgia. Here is what Stacy said about her mom on our team’s homepage:
- Linda Fussell is my hero! My Mom is truly my best friend and I am honored to be walking for her!
- My Mom has had so many medical problems these past few years, and so many unanswered questions. This past year she has endured over five surgeries.
- My Mom is 54, and was diagnosed with Amyloidosis last spring. The Doctor’s still think there is more wrong, and she was given a second diagnosis of Fibromyalgia this summer.
- Her disease, Amyloidosis is very rare, and was caught early! They believe it is localized.
- My Mom and I joined the Amyloidosis Support Group where we heard of Light the Night, and knew it was perfect! We hope one day Amyloidosis can be cured!
I am writing to tell you about the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night Walk to benefit cancer research. This event will take place on November 5th at Centenial Olympic Park, and I will be walking along with other sisters from my service sorority at Kennesaw State University, Omega Phi Alpha. This event is especially important to us because of the close connection that Stacy, one of our sisters, has to this disease; her mother was diagnosed with Amyloidosis last spring, and she was given a second diagnosis of Fibromyalgia this summer. We are participating in this walk in honor of Stacy’s mom.
Here is the link to our team’s homepage where you can find out more about the event. http://pages.lightthenight.org/ga/Atlanta11/StacysMom#Welcome-to-our-Teams-Homepage
If you feel led to do so, I would like to ask you to donate to this cause to raise funds for lifesaving research and patient services. Even a small donation will get me closer to my goal of $100. If you are not able to donate, please pass along this email to others you think may be interested. Also, I would like to ask for your prayers for Stacy’s mom, Linda Fussell, and our team as we participate in this walk.
Thank you so much!